Eli Tamar is a Russian-born American composer.
He is the author of Canticum Fratris Solis,
Prière de St. François d'Assise, Ave Maria, ונתנה תוקף (Unetaneh tokef), and Отче Наш (The Lord’s Prayer).
Eli recently wrote a Requiem for voice solo with choir, dedicated to the memory of the victims of coronavirus.
For full bio follow here
Priere de St. Francois d'Assise (St. Francis Prayer) in a new documentary by Alessandro Rossellini. The film is currently in production.
- Priere de St. Francois d'Assise (St. Francis Prayer), May 9, 2021at St. Marcello church in Rome, Italy. Natalia Pavlova, soprano and Marco Lo Muscio, organ. Italian premiere.
- Lyrica Classic Entertainment presented "Organ Apotheosis part II": Отче Наш (Lord's Prayer), Молитва о Мире (Prayer for Peace), and Canticum Fratris Solis at Our Lady of Angels chapel in Catonsville, Maryland, on April 25, 2021.
- Lyrica Classis Entertainment presented a webinar "Meet the composer Eli Tamar" on April 18, 2021.
- Edgewood Symphony Orchestra presented Canticum Fratris Solis (in orchestral version) on December 26, 2020. The recording is available here
- A world premiere of Отче Наш (Lord's Prayer) at the Rachmaninoff Hall, Moscow Conservatory, on September 26, 2020. Commissioned and performed by the vocal trio "Melody"