Eli Tamar is an Israeli-American composer.
He is the author of Canticum Fratris Solis,
Prière de St. François d'Assise, Ave Maria, ונתנה תוקף (Unetaneh tokef), Отче Наш (The Lord’s Prayer), and Requiem in memory of the victims of coronavirus.
For full bio follow here
Eli Tamar gives notice that he is both interpreter and composer of no mean instinct... his ear is masterfully attuned to creating music for the voices of Andrey Nemzer (Metropolitan Opera soloist) and Charlene Canty which have been nobly set out, creating a superb duet with judicious weight and solemnity." (Raul da Gama, "World Music Report, April 2016)
- Priere de St. Francois d'Assise (St. Francis Prayer) included in a music documentary "Roma Verso La Luce" by Alessandro Rossellini, Italy. The film is currently in post-production.
- October 9, 2022. Polish premiere of Ave Maria.
Venue: Zaglebiowsky International Organ Festival. Poland.
Performers: tenor Konrad Artur Cygal and organist Roman Hyla
- October 2, 2022. Venue: Sligo Seventh-day Adventist Church, Takoma Park, Maryland.
Compositions: O Gladsome Light, Ave Maria, Akhatist to the Holy Virgin, Salutatio Virtutum, Lord's Prayer, and Canticum Fratris Solis.
Performers: soprano Olga Orlovskaya, soprano Charlene Canty, soprano Yulia Petrachuk, mezzo-soprano Maria Maskhulia, and organist Paul Byssainthe
- April 29, 2022. Venue: Synetic Theater, Washington DC, in benefit concert for Ukraine.
Composition: Молитва о Мире/Prayer for Peace (in Ukraine)
Performers: soprano Yulia Petrachuk and Tatiana Loisha, electric organ
(all proceeds directed to "United Help Ukraine")
- March 20, 2022. Venue: "Spread New Music to World" at Congress Graz Stefaniensaal in Graz, Austria. With a support from US Embassy in Vienna.
Compositions: Prayer for Peace (in Ukraine), Ave Maria, St. Francis Prayer, Lord's Prayer, Akathist to the Holy Virgin, I paky ty reku, Salutatio Virtutum, O, Gladsome Light, and Canticum Fratris Solis
Performers: soprano Yulia Petrachuk (soloist of Carnegie Hall and Great Moscow Hall); soprano Elisabeta Marin (soloist of Wiener Staatoper); mezzo-soprano Hermine Haselböck (soloist of Musikverein Vienna); organist Nicholas Willne
- March 13, 2022. Venue: Our Lady of Angels Chapel in Castonsville, Maryland.
Compositions: Lord's Prayer, Ave Maria, O, Gladsome Light, and Akathist to the Holy Virgin
Performers: soprano Yulia Petrachuk, soprano Olga Orlovskaya, mezzo-soprano Aryssa Leigh Burns, and organist Stephen Harouff.
- February 18, 2022. Venue: Anglican Chucrh, Moscow, Russia.
Composition: Ave Maria
Performers: baritone Pavel Bykov and organist Yulia Ikonnikova
- December 6, 2021. A world premiere of Requiem for mixed choir a cappella and a mezzo-soprano solo, dedicated to the memory of the coronavirus victims. Performed by Hungarian State Opera soloist mezzo-soprano Polina Shamaeva and Moscow Synodal Choir under Michael Kotelnikov at Sobornaya Palata, Moscow, Russia
- October 29, 2021. Venue: concert titled "Prayer for Peace" dedicated to the memory of lives lost September 11, 2001. Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Alexandria, Virginia.
Compositions: Ave Maria, I Paky ty reku, Lord's Prayer, Canticum Fratris Solis, Prayer for Peace
Performers: soprano Yulia Petrachuk, soprano Olga Orlovskaya, soprano Simone Brown, mezzo-soprano Katelyn Jackman, and organist Nicholas Will
- May 9, 2021. Italian premiere of Priere de St. Francois d'Assise (St. Francis Prayer).
Venue: St. Marcello church, Rome.
Performers: soprano Natalia Pavlova and organist Marco Lo Muscio.
Currently available on YouTube www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaKeYvpx6-U
- April 25, 2021. Lyrica Classic Entertainment presents "Organ Apotheosis part II": Отче Наш (Lord's Prayer), Молитва о Мире (Prayer for Peace), and Canticum Fratris Solis at Our Lady of Angels chapel in Catonsville, Maryland.
- April 18, 2021. "Meet the composer Eli Tamar" webinar presented by Lyrica Classic Entertainment.
- Edgewood Symphony Orchestra presented Canticum Fratris Solis (in orchestral version) on December 26, 2020. The recording is available here
- A world premiere of Отче Наш (Lord's Prayer) at the Rachmaninoff Hall, Moscow Conservatory, on September 26, 2020. Commissioned and performed by the vocal trio "Melody"